martes, 13 de septiembre de 2011

THE SKIN I LIVE IN (BY PEDDRO ALMODOVAR)

A few days ago I went to see the movie The skin I live in (La piel que habito) by Pedro Almodovar.
Antonio Banderas is the main character, and on my view, he does a good work.
However, in my opinion, the movie has a strange and sophisticated plot.
I don´t really Know what Pedro Almodovar wants to say with this film.
I will try to explain the plot.
Antonio Banderas plays a role of a doctor who is obsessed with the change in the human body mainly in the skin, but he uses forbidden techniques.
He´s also had a big trauma because he lost his wife in a car accident a few years ago.
Some years after, his daughter suffers a rape and as result of that, she commits suicide.
The doctor knows the person who did that then he kidnaps him and, like a punishment, he starts to change his body with a lot of operations until he got transform him into a woman similar to his wife.

As you can see and as I told you before, the plot is something sophisticated.
Nevertheless, I can say that, minute by minute the plot attracts the people attention, but
I don´t think this movie is one of the most important films of Pedro Almodóvar.
Therefore, in regard to whether or not I would recommend this movie, I have to say that I don´t have any strong opinion about that.
I think that the Pedro Almodóvar´s fans should see it in order to compare this movie with other movies of this director, but if you don´t like dramas, you shouldn´t  see it.
That´s all.

Note: Sorry a lot for my mistakes. But I have to remind you that I am only an English student. Thank you very much.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario